If a business does not go with the trend, it is likely to fail. A business must adapt to modern methods like event marketing if it wants to be able to compete with others. Insisting on traditional business practices will hamper its growth.
But even with modern event marketing methods, a business still has to use some necessary appendage of the past, such as name cards or business cards. Name cards are very important for businesses because they are very effective in introducing and advertising a brand, product, or service.
Most event marketing activities involve not just a single company but a host of competing companies. These companies are competing against each because they sell the same types of products. This is why having name cards is very important.
Here are some reasons why you need to have name cards if you are participating in a marketing event:
- You need to be remembered by potential customers.
Put yourself in the shoes of a visitor in a trade exhibit. You would hardly remember the name of the company a few days later if you weren’t given any business card by the exhibitor. Therefore, the very purpose of your joining the exhibit is defeated because you forgot to have name cards printed.
- You need to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
Since there are a lot of companies in the same venue, it will be very hard for visitors and guests to differentiate the exhibitors from each other. You need a name card to identify your company from the others.
- You need a cost-effective way to advertise your company or product.
A business card is the most cost-effective way of promoting your product. It is very small that it can be placed inside your wallet or shirt pocket. With your name on it and the products you are selling, the customer will know who to call if he needs your product.
Getting It Right
Having a business card is not enough. Your name card must have enough of the elements that will make your company and your product stand out and be easily remembered by your target market.
Here are some tips on how you can make your name card stand out from your competitors:
- Use bright colors, but do so wisely, so that your card will not look amateurish.
- Present your company logo in an interesting way.
- Use a one-line slogan that immediately catches attention.
- Make the text easily readable. Don’t use fonts that are small and unclear.
- Have them printed on good quality paper.
- Include your website address and email address.
Here great ideas in designing a business card.